Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My New Year's Resolutions

So in thinking about my New Year's resolution I've decided that I should keep my blog more up to date. Actually, I had narrowed my resolutions list down to lose 70 lbs, keep my checkbook up to date or write in my blog regularly and decided that the blog was by far the easiest and the one I might actually stick to, LOL! Seriously though in the craziness of the holiday season and with the new store and the maintaining of my part-time job and caring for my family my blog most definitely fell by the wayside.

I'll be finishing out my part-time accouting job in the next month or so and will be able to focus solely on my family and soap business. This was a very bittersweet decision for me as the folks that I have worked for are lovely and amazingly kind and generous people and have taught me a great deal about charity and giving. I went to work for them for one summer, when Claire was very little, and have stayed for three years.
The store has grown from my working studio with a few other friends selling their wares to a full blown crafts shop currently representing over 25 crafters/artisans and with more coming in the next few weeks. Here's one picture of the store, there are a few more on my website, www.summitsoapworks.com. We now have so many beautiful things including handpainted glassware, soy candles, jewelry, knitted items, handpainted wooden ornaments, children & baby gifts, photographs, needlefelted sculptures and wall hangings, quilted houseware items & wall hangings, quilted aprons & pot holders, floral watercolors by a very talented & lovely local woman and of course my best friend's fancy girl's tutus, they make me want to wear one! Over the February vacation I'm thinking of hosting a Fancy Nancy tea party so I may be found in one of those tutus!
Happy New Year to everyone and best wishes for a healthy & prosperous New Year!

No comments: