Tuesday, March 24, 2009

New artists at Summit Soapworks Gift Shop

I've been busy cranking out soap, making bath bombs and playing around with some new scents for the spring. Today, two new Vermont craftspeople joined the store, Vermont Balsam (vtbalsam.com) with their oh so wonderful smelling balsam products and Mountaine Meadows Pottery (mountainemeadows.com) with their many funny sayings.

Vermont Balsam sent incredible smelling sachets, "mug rugs", hot mats, computer wrist rests, all smelling like balsam as well as afghans, pillows and cat mats made from recycled sweaters. At first I was a little unsure about the recycled sweater line but when they arrived I was like "wow". And my kitty is getting a new cat mat for her special place by the fire.

Mountain Meadows has many plaques with different sayings, some inspirational, some folksy and many that are hysterical. I of course ordered the hysterical/humorous ones for the shop like "Put on your Big Girl panties and get over it" and "We don't skinny dip we chunky dunk". My favorite is "Everyone brings joy to this office (or in my case the shop), some when they enter and some when they leave".

No comments: