Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My latest readings

I've just finished up the first book in the "Twilight" series, a series of young adult books that involves a family of vampires. I wouldn't normally have chosen this book, I don't keep up with pop culture very well, we don't have cable TV, I've never watched American Idol or Dancing with the Stars and had to quiz our neighbor's daughter about who the heck Hannah Montana was when Claire came home from school singing about her. But a dear friend of mine, an avid reader and movie watcher, recommended it and knowing that someday my daughters would probably read it I sat down with it. Plus, I thought I might watch the movie and thought I'd rather read the book first.

The first part of the book I was honestly thinking "what's the big deal?", but as the story unfolded I did find that I enjoyed it. If I was a teenage girl I would have entirely fallen in love with Edward and I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

I also just finished Janet Evanovich's latest Stephanie Plum novel, "Fearless Fourteen". I've absolutely loved these books, I think the characters, especially Grandma and Lula are laugh out loud hysterical and this book brought in some extra characters that just added to the craziness. This series is light hearted and just plain old entertaining.

No comments: