Monday, May 18, 2009

Time zone, climate shock & me

Well, I wouldn't think that a 3 hour time zone change & temps that were at least 50 degrees more everyday would kick my butt but it sure did! I'm still recovering from my trip, I hope to be back on EST tomorrow and I've been a little chilly with the temps in the 60's. In Vermont those temps usually call for shorts and sandals, I once tubed down our local river in a bathing suit before Memorial Day weekend (not one of my brighter days but since it involved one of my best friends, Megan, then it surely involved alcohol!). But after spending 10 days in Palm Springs, CA where it was over 100 degrees (YACK!) everyday, I found it necessary to bundle up all day at home in Vermont. Oh, and I now know that palm trees don't grow coconuts, all of my new west coast friends are still laughing about that one!

No comments: